Use our BMI calculator to determine your body fat
BMI or Body Mass Index is an important part of determining your eligibility for surgery with our program. The National Institutes of Health developed a measure called the Body Mass Index, which divides body weight in kilograms by the square of an individual’s height in inches. This measurement is used to determine your body fat.
Candidates for surgical weight loss must meet one of the following requirements:
- A BMI of 40 or greater, or
- A BMI of 35 or greater with co-morbid conditions (conditions related to your obesity)
*The FDA has recently changed the requirement for LAP-Band surgery to include candidates with a BMI of 30 or greater with co-morbid conditions.
Calculate your BMI by entering your height and weight below. You can also call and speak with a patient advocate to discuss your eligibility.
- BMI 25-29.9: Overweight
- BMI 30-34.9: Obese —Eligible for Lap-Band surgery only
- BMI 35-39.9: Moderately Obese —Eligible for bariatric surgery with one or more Co-Morbid Conditions
- BMI 40-49.9: Morbidly Obese —Eligible for bariatric surgery
- BMI 50+: Super Morbidly Obese — Eligible for bariatric surgery