- 1 pound (454 grams) cooked chicken breast or rotisserie chicken, shredded (about 4 cups shredded)
- 1/2 cup diced red onion (about 1/2 medium red onion or 60 grams)
- 1/2 cup diced apple (about 1/2 small apple or 75 grams)
- 2/3 cup (100 grams) quartered or halved grapes
- 2/3 cup (165 grams) plain 2% fat Greek yogurt (certified gluten-free if necessary)
- 2 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice, or more, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 12 slices of 100% whole grain bread (about 100 calories each)
- 6 medium lettuce leaves
- In a large bowl, combine shredded chicken, red onion, apple, grapes, Greek yogurt, lemon juice, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Mix until well combined.
- Using a 3/4 cup measuring scoop, portion out the chicken salad. Serve with a lettuce leaf and 2 slices of 100% whole grain bread.
Recipe by MyFitnessPal: http://blog.myfitnesspal.com/high-protein-chicken-salad/